Authority is an important factor in effective marketing. Authority makes people want to hear what you have to say; it makes it easy for you to engage an audience instead of limiting yourself to making pitches. Authority turns your website into a resource for interested readers instead of just another tedious piece of online real estate.
True authority comes from being able to provide useful information to your audience. Information is considered useful when it can help people to be more effective in real life situations. The effectiveness of a particular piece of information is directly related to its grounding in reality and that is what makes case studies useful, both for conveying good information and as marketing tools.
How To Create A Case Study
Case studies provide contextually rich real life situations to be used as teaching tools. They are widely used in many areas of study in order to add new dimensions to the subject being taught. They are excellent resources to help those who interested in a subject to see the facts of that subject applied in a real situation. While it is possible to come up with your own case studies, it is not easy.
For a case study to be valuable to an audience, it will have to be well-written and properly formatted. The writer will need to make it engaging while still managing to provoke thought. One hurdle that you may face as a small business owner is that you may lack the resources and time needed to create the kind of detailed case study that will be beneficial to your website’s visitors.
Note that for a case study to be effective, you will have to properly research it and make sure that it is optimized for your target keywords. It is important to do all of this while ensuring that it remains relevant and interesting to your readers.
What Are The Benefits of A Case Study?
- They establish your credibility. That is what people want when they are looking for more information on what a vendor has to sell, they want information on products that comes from a credible source. Case studies make you into a resource that will help them learn about the product and motivate them to buy.
- Case studies provide your potential customers with proof of your product's value. A good one will provide them with examples of the product delivering value to users thus giving them the help they may need to make purchasing decisions.
- Case studies are stories, and well-written stories are excellent for engaging an audience. Furthermore, they are stories about real life, which gives them a practical value; people like learning about the ways in which others have found solutions.
- A case study should be thought-provoking and provide lots of detail along with context and location; the result of this is that it generates empathy in the audience. As with any story, it is important that your case study follow basic narrative principles, like having a beginning, a middle and an end.
- Your case studies should be unique to your enterprise and provide a story about how your business and your products have provided benefits to your customers. Since it's your story, it will not be easy for your competition to replicate.
Case studies are just one form of content creation. Be sure to peruse our blog for more content marketing tips.